Sunday, February 12, 2012

What I've been up to

Since December I've been trying to finish the Civil Block of the month quilt from Marcus fabric. Civil War Chronicles. I was doing fine until I hit December's blocks. 68- 6 1/2 inch blocks and each block has 10 HSTs. Now normally I don't mind HST but 680 of them can drive you crazy. I have all the HSTs done and trimmed. And I even have half of them sewn into rows.
Here's a photo of my next step sewing most of the remaining 340 HST to each other or to plain squares. I really want to get this done because like a glutton for punishment I have the first block for this year's Civil War BOM!!!
I took a break from the Civil War blocks to work on the Feb BOM the quilt guild is doing. Much brighter colors and much simpler blocks. Plus it is truely 1 (one) block each month.
The star block was January's (The Stars Fell on Alabama) and Feb.is Sentimental Journey. We are suppose to be doing it as a mystery quilt but I cheated and found the web site so I could give credit where credit is due. So if you are in the Seven Stitching Sisters guild out of New Martinsville WV don't click on the following link unless you want to spoil the surprise.
http://blockcentral.com/bom2010-intro.shtml is where the instructions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment