Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Finished Shop Hop Blocks!


Here are the last of 12 Shop Hop blocks from a hop in November 2008. The idea was that 3 of us would work on our blocks together. The other two were new quilting. Getting together to work was a road block, after a year we only had 4 blocks finished. I decided to go ahead and work on mine at alone. I figured that would free me to help the other two when we got together. Also I could make notes on any tips I came up with for each block. Since I bought a finishing kit I still have a way to go before this quilt is finished. There's 6 applique blocks and fish applique on the border. Maybe another year?

My 1st post mentioned my garden. It is still under snow but the snow is melting! I have started my tomatoes and peppers.

2 comments:

  1. Rosanne,

    Your blocks are really beautiful. It will be a gorgeous quilt. Do do such neat work.

    Looking out my window it is hard to believe that it will be planting time soon, but you are right, Spring is just around the corner. I want to plant some vegetables this year, but have not decided yet what exactly. But I guess it is time to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the tomatoes (Amish Paste) and peppers. I also ordered yellow bush bean seeds and seed potatoes at the same time. The seed potatoes should come some time late this month. Hopefully I can get the garden ready sometime in April.

    ReplyDelete