Friday, January 15, 2010

So many triangles!


Every year I go on a shop hop up in Ohio's Amish country and every year I come home with kits for the quilt blocks in that year's quilts. Each shop has one block and makes a quilt using their block and the blocks from the other stores. Who ever designs these blocks likes triangles. I'm working on the quilt from 2008, I still have 2007 waiting to be quilted. (it's going to a long arm quilter) and one I haven't even looked at from 09.
I have 6 blocks done on the 2008 quilt. I was suppose to wait and do them with two friends who are new quilters but I figure this way I can devote more attention to helping them when do get together to work on the blocks. Any way here's a picture of the blocks I have done so far. These are the easy blocks of the 12 that make up the quilt.

4 comments:

  1. Really like this quilt so far! Now, explain to me if you would, how you manage to do this shop hop and I, who live here, seemingly can't get the hop done??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do the Shop Hop because I have to travel. That means I have to plan ahead,get a hotel room, and map out the route. If I lived there I probably wouldn't make it to all the shops, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosanne,

    I love your blocks. The fabrics are great, and you do such neat work. I am looking forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bianca I didn't pick the fabrics the shops did but I do like them.

    ReplyDelete