Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tree Skirt

I'm back. I actually forgot about this blog. My niece has inspired me to try again. She has 4 kids under 10, has an at home craft business and just started blogging. ( http://junqueinthetrunkgirls.wordpress.com/ Ok so Saturday a quilting friend posted on Face Book that she wanted to make a Christmas Tree Skirt and asked if anyone knew where she could find a pattern. Someone else posted a link to this site with several tree skirts http://www.favequilts.com/Tree-Skirt Of course I had to look. Not that I had anything else to do, like getting Christmas cards ready for the mail, baking, decorating, cleaning or cooking supper, no I had to go look at tree skirt patterns. I picked one. http://www.pieceandquilt.com/2009/11/christmas-tree-skirt-tutorial.html Simple, easy to do all the instructions already there. I went to my stash and out 2 1/2 inch strips of Christmas fabric and then larger pieces. That's just part of Christmas fabric stash, there was lots' more. I started sewing the strips together in pairs. Ah but then I started looking for fabric that went between the strips of squares. Not enough of anything that I liked. So I went to my EQ7 software and changed the pattern.
Used 4 square patches, made the center square smaller. I finished piecing the skirt on Sunday and in a marathon machine quilting session got the thing quilted on Monday. (I remembered why I don't like the clear nylon thread, you can't see the where you've quilted or find the thread end to thread the needle.) Tuesday I did the binding.
Now the tree skirt is under the tree I put up and finished decorating today.

No comments:

Post a Comment