Well my weekends have been taken up with long drives around the state of Ohio all thanks to my youngest son. We are in the "looking at colleges" stage. The 1st weekend of June we went to Dayton to check out Wright State U. on Thursday. (Ro liked that school, they made an impression on us all when a professor spent an hour with us showing us the engineering labs after an admission officer called down to see if someone could talk to us.) Friday we went to the University of Cincinnati. Roy graduated from there. Found out they are doing away with their degree program in Material engineering. It's still on the list though because he could minor in Material. Then it was up to Columbus to spend the night because Ro had to be at the BSA camp he is working at this summer for training on Saturday. (never occurred to him when we set up the college visits that it might be a problem)The camp is about 20 miles south Vermillion Ohio and Lake Erie.
Here's a picture of what held up traffic in Blue Ash outside of Cincy. On the 11th, Saturday of the next week we drove to Bowling Green Ohio (4 hours one way)to take Ro to Boys State. We drove up, while two more boys from town each drove up separately with their families. Didn't occur to any of the three to talk about maybe one car taking all 3.
That brings us to this past weekend. We trekked on up to B.G. again to pick Rowan up. In the van we had his big tote, acoustic bass guitar, fishing gear and cooler for his 6 week stay at BSA camp. At Bowling Green we had time to take a picture of Ro dressed up before he changed and we loaded his stuff for Boys State into the van and made our way across northern Ohio to Firelands Scout Reservation. After leaving home at about 6:40 am Roy and I got home at 6 pm. This coming weekend we are staying home!
Here's a picture of a little dress I made today for a friend's granddaughter.
I've been wanting to make one for awhile. I've made them to send to Africa but I wanted to make one and see it worn. So when the basket of candy I gave Roy for Father's day had this big red ribbon around it I decided to make a 4th of July dress for the only little girl I know around here. Now I guess I should get busy working on the quilt I promised the seniors in the band.



Love the dress. Adorable! She's gonna love it! xoxom
ReplyDelete