
First quilt, my niece's wedding quilt. I started this last May at the Ohioquilters retreat. I knew it was going to be for Kim and Hank. I also knew I had time because the wedding was a year away. This winter I started moving my sewing stuff up from the basement to the 2nd story bedroom. I bought a real sewing table, one with an extension on the back that gave me room to machine quilt! That made finishing this quilt easy!

The second quilt I named Finally Spring! although so far those words haven't come quite true. It's only been warm and nice a couple of days in April. It's from an Amish Country shop hop kit dating to Nov. 2007. It's been waiting to be quilted for a year or two. It is mine, for my bed, and none of my sons have asked for it, there's
something to be said about putting flowers on a quilt, the guys don't want to claim it.
The 3rd quilt is another Amish country shop hop quilt from 2008. This one I have at least two son's eyeing it and trying stake a claim to it. The 3rd son hasn't seen it yet.

Here's the 4th quilt that went to the quilter. It's a double nine patch with snowball blocks. Someone in my guild brought a in bunch of sewing related stuff from an estate sale. I found some double nine patch blocks and then the fabric in the blocks, all in separate piles. More then enough fabric to make a quilt. Once home I discovered I would have to replace the solid colored fabric, it was a poly/cotton blend, so I had to rip out all the completed blocks and rows. I would have had to that anyway since whoever started this wasn't anywhere near accurate with seam allowances. (1/2 inch in some places-1/4 or less in others and not because they had to fudge a little) I decided after playing with the double nine patch on EQ7 that the alternating snowball block gave the quilt more movement the just a plain block. The whole quilt top went together easily. I brought it home with idea of donating it to be raffled off but some organization in town. I just don't know which one yet.

The graduation quilt you can't see yet. It's in a closet, I'll put the binding on it later and hope Rowan forgets what it looks like by next June.
I also just finished two baby quilts for the Quilts for Kids group. Their website is
http://www.quiltsforkids.org/ You can ask for a quilt kit, they send the fabric for the top and the backing and the pattern with instructions. You make the top, supply the batting and do the quilting (no tied quilts) They ask you make a second one from your stash. I still have to get my two in the mail. The football one is from my stash.
No comments:
Post a Comment