Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope you all have a happy and blessed Easter. I baked yesterday since we weren't sure how long we'd be at a track meet today. We got lucky, Ro was finished with his event by 10:30
I baked what for my family is traditional, a lamb cake and Easter egg cookies. This
afternoon I iced the lamb cake. The lamb cake always gives us a few minutes of drama when I take it out of the mold. Years ago Mom and I would have at least one cake every year held together with toothpicks and prayers. Then I found directions for taking a cake out of a mold on a Wilton cake pan. Since then unless I do something like think the oven's is dinging because is dinging because the timer went off instead of because the oven temp has been reached and take the back of the mold off 5 minutes too soon, the cakes come out in one piece. Still worked out OK. Just a little of the back of the head pulled away and once it everything cooled that piece stayed in place.

The lamb cake mold came from my grandma on my dad's side. We have no idea how old it is. An aunt remembers lamb cakes at least back when she was in high school. There are no markings on the pan. This year I made a chocolate pound cake for the lamb.

1 comment: